WHO’S THIS COURSE FOR:
– 200hr+ yoga teachers
– Qualified, practising Pilates teachers
We are introducing a tiered system of training to make the course suitable for more people.
Please message us or come back soon for full details.
– Hold a minimum of 200hr yoga/pilates teacher certificate
– Have 20hr SUP experience including 10hr SUP Yoga practice
– Hold a recognised SUP Instructor (minimum Level 1) certificate*
– While ideally completed in advance of the SUP Yoga/Pilates Teacher training course, you do have 12 months post-course to achieve your SUP instructor certificate, at which point your SUP Yoga/Pilates teacher certificate will be issued.
– Note you will be required to demonstrate foundation SUP skills and competency during the workshop in advance of you achieving your SUP Instructor certificate.
* exceptions may be made when SUP Yoga/Pilates sessions take place on pre-tethered SUPs in pools with lifeguards.
WHY BECOME A SUP YOGA/PILATES TEACHER?
The physical and mental health and overall wellbeing benefits of SUP, yoga and Pilates are well-documented, and as individuals we benefit in different ways each and every time we practice regardless of age, fitness level, flexibility or athletic background. Swapping your traditional studio for the great outdoors, offers a precious opportunity to reconnect with nature and our natural environment and enjoy all that it encompasses. Swapping your traditional yoga/pilates mat for a SUP, focuses both the mind and body as all of a sudden the simplest of poses becomes a challenge.
A SUP Yoga/Pilates session typically delivers a full strength and conditioning workout for both the mind and body, leaving your clients rejuvenated and energised and just a little bit blissed out! SUP sessions are a great addition to any yoga/Pilates teachers’ schedule. You will paddle away from this course equipped with the latest accurate information and teaching methods and with a better understanding of how SUP Yoga/Pilates can improve core stability, strength, balance and proprioception, and be a lot of fun!
Successful completion of the SUPta Yoga/Pilates Teacher training course will enable you to safely and confidently deliver sessions in protected waters no more than 50 metres from shore and/or in swimming pools. In addition to SUP Yoga/Pilates poses and their modifications, the course covers SUP safety and relevant business and marketing skills and practical workshops to refine and enhance your teaching delivery.
This 16 hour, 2 day workshop will equip you with the knowledge to deliver your own SUP Yoga/Pilates sessions in a variety of environments and give you the skills to select your location to ensure the wellbeing and safety of your clients, adapting sessions according to the weather conditions. Additional practical assessments and homework may be required post-workshop to achieve your certificate.
To achieve your SUP Yoga/Pilates Teacher certificate you will need to:
– Safely perform a series of SUP yoga/Pilates poses
– Deliver a SUP Yoga/Pilates lesson including demonstrations and modifications
– Complete 10hrs assisting SUP Yoga/Pilates instruction at a recognised SUP/watersports school
– Present a valid SUP Instructor certificate
It is also recommended, but not essential for this qualification, that you complete:
– First Aid course
– Water Safety Rescue course (covered in most SUP Instructor Level 1 courses)
x2 days practical & theory tuition
Access to ongoing online support & materials
WHAT TO BRING:
SUP board / leash / paddle*
Clothing suitable for weather conditions
Towel & warm, dry clothes
Lunch & refreshments
*Board hire available at £15 per day
28th / 29th March 2020
SUP Yoga / Pilates Course
25th / 26th April 2020
SUP Yoga / Pilates Course
2nd / 3rd May 2020
SUP Fitness Course (details coming soon!)
To book your space, please email Helen and Sasha: email@example.com